Monday 1 July 2013

I'm Getting Married!


I’m getting married!  After what seems like years of waiting (ok what was actually years of waiting) I finally get to plan a wedding!  Oh also, the man I love more than anyone in the entire world wants to spend the rest of his life with me.  So that’s pretty awesome too.

The only down side: it turns out weddings are expensive.  Like, REALLY expensive.  And weddings in the UK (i.e. GBP) are the most expensive of all.  So how in the world am I going to plan a dream wedding on a shoestring? 

Well first, I guess we should talk shoestring.  The fact is that my parents are successful professionals and extremely generous people.  They’re going to help us out, so M and I got incredibly lucky there. 

But they’re also not the kind of people who are willing to blow $50,000 on a wedding, and frankly, neither am I.  I would much rather buy a flat and take a fantastic trip than spend thousands and thousands of dollars on flowers. 

That being said, I’m not totally willing to give up the wedding of my dreams.  I just have to figure out how to do it for £10,000.  This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment